Borton-Lawson is seeking an Accounting Supervisor to join its Finance Department. Reporting to the Controller, this role is responsible for the effective and efficient supervision of corporate accounting procedures and workflow including the direct supervision of the finance team members. The Accounting Supervisor will be charged with training, assigning, and directing work; appraising employee performance; rewarding and counseling employees.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will have a Bachelors Degree in Accounting with a minimum of 8 years related experience including 2 years of supervisory experience. The candidate will have a thorough knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and be open to continued process improvement. Must have a proven track record of effectively supervising accounting professionals. Requires broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex accounting issues. Excellent verbal and written skills required. Experience with Vision software is a plus. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Assist Project Engineers by preparing reports, designs and preparing plans, specification’s and estimates for Civil/Site Design related projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the development or modification of reports, plans, specifications, and probable construction cost estimates to provide a complete set of contract documents for his/her projects within the department.
• Prepares design computations and quantity estimates to develop design plan documents.
• Assist in the preparation or modification of design and construction schedules and permits for projects.
• Assists in the analysis of reports, maps, drawings, tests, and aerial photographs of terrain, existing and proposed characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design project.
• Instructs draftspersons / technicians to reduce designs to working drawings.
• Reviews construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
• Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents. Performs drafting and design daily.
• Works with staff in applying standard drawings and electronic file procedures to ensure consistency in applications of standards.
• Assists in client contact and communication pertaining to the specifics of the project.
• Attends client meetings - days or nights.
Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent education and/or experience. One to three years experience in civil site design, permitting, plan preparation, specifications, contract documents and/or other Civil Engineering processes. Working knowledge of engineering software including AutoCAD, Civil 3D, AutoTurn, Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
Responsible for project management of small to medium sized multidiscipline projects, design and permit production, close interaction with clients. Responsible for putting teams together in order to complete projects of a high standard of quality, within deadlines and within budgetary requirements. Responsible for financial aspects of the project. Responsible for business development of applicable projects. Plans, designs and directs civil related projects while mentoring less experienced staff in the process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following - Other duties may be assigned:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college or university plus and 8 years of related work experience, or Masters and 7 years of related work experience required. Must have project, managerial, and business development experience. PE Designation in PA, OH and/or WV and oil and gas experience required. Experience in estimating Engineering and Construction costs, developing project scopes, reading blueprints, writing proposals, writing technical reports, performing engineering studies and managing multi-discipline projects as well as managing the work of a diverse group of people.
Borton-Lawson seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Wilkes-Barre, PA, Civil Team as a CAD Designer. The candidate will be involved in providing design and production of construction plans and drawings in support of engineering project (s). This position will support engineers and landscape architects for municipal and land development projects. The work involves analytical ability to select and recommend design procedures, interpret complex ordinances and specifications, analyze design requirements and provide design solutions. This position requires a variety of skills used to compile, analyze, compute, edit, and process data. Employee will be expected to perform duties without constant supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Includes all or some of the following - Other Duties may be assigned:
An Associate Degree in related field and 5 or more years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Bachelor's degree in appropriate area of design preferred. Land Development ExperienceExperience in AutoCAD 2010 or higher.
Assist Project Engineers by preparing reports, designs and preparing plans, specifications and estimates for transportation related projects.
• Assist/lead in the development or modification of reports, plans, specifications and probable construction cost estimates to provide a complete set of contract documents for his/her projects within the department.
• Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents. Performs occasional drafting.
• Responsible for project manager and/or project team quality system tasks as defined in the quality manual, including checking of plan submissions for completeness and conformation to in-house and client standards.
• Attends client meetings - days or nights.
Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent education and/or experience. One to five years experience or the equivalent thereof in Tranportation/DOT design, plan preparation, speciciations, contract documents and/or other Civil Engineering processes. EIT is required. Working knowledge of engineering software including InRoads, Micro-Station, AutoTab and AutoTurn. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
Responsible for leading and/or participating in engineering work related to structural aspects of highway infrastructure projects.
Working knowledge of engineering software including Micro-Station, BRADD, and other PennDOT structural design programs. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
Borton Lawson is presently seeking a Senior Project Manager for Highway Infrastructure within their Transportation Business Unit. The primary duties of the Senior Project Manager include securing and managing a successful operation of multiple projects and opportunities. This work includes the development and execution of a regional business plan in cooperation with the with the Business Unit Leader and the Market Sector Leader. The position will require coordination of tasks utilizing multiple disciplines from numerous Borton-Lawson locations.
Includes the following - Other Duties may be assigned:
Borton Lawson (BL) is presently seeking a Regional Service leader for Highway Infrastructure within their Transportation Business Unit. The primary duties of the Regional Service Leader include securing and managing a successful operation of multiple projects and opportunities. This work includes the development and execution of a regional business plan in cooperation with the with the Business Unit Leader and the Market Sector Leader. The Service Leader will work closely with Project and Client Managers to ensure a high level of client satisfaction. The position will require coordination of tasks utilizing multiple disciplines from numerous BL locations.
Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesIncludes the following - Other Duties may be assigned:
Borton-Lawson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status, age and other protected classifications. All responses held in the strictest confidence.