This project consisted of architecture and engineering design services for a new showroom, parts and service complex for Bonner Chevrolet, a Northeast Pennsylvania dealership founded in 1932. Bonner Chevrolet spans an entire city block along State Route 11. The re-use of the existing office building for additional showroom and office space provided Bonner with significantly more space than new construction would allow.
Borton-Lawson’s designers worked closely with the owner and with Chevrolet’s national architect to adapt the existing facilities to the national image program. The project was constructed in multiple phases to allow continuous operation during the work.
Challenge Needed to maintain an operational showroom, parts and service department during the renovation and addition.
Solution Worked closely with the owner and construction manager to develop a design and phasing plan that allowed for continuous operation over the 16-month construction schedule. The resulting facility includes over 50,000 square feet of space for showroom, parts and service.